Welcome to the HYF Football & Cheer online registration!
HYF has been closely monitoring the State’s guidelines when it comes to Covid-19 and the return of youth sports. As some of you may already know, youth sports is due to return at Phase 4 of the State’s reopening plan. We are currently in Phase 2. Some of you may also have seen PYFL’s plan to have the 2020 season moved to begin in January of 2021 if the State allows. Due to the uncertainty of the safe reopening of youth sports, the HYF Board has elected not to participate in the January 2021 season. Although safety is our number one concern, there are many other factors that were taken into consideration when we came to the decision. Not being able to provide a quality program and season was one of the determining factors. Therefore, we are announcing the cancellation of our 2020 football season. We will begin our next season in the fall of 2021 if the state allows us to do so. This was not an easy decision to make for us as we are parents & coaches as well. We will keep you all informed with updates to our social media outlets and via email as we obtain more information as the state reopens.
Registration process and tips:
Weigh your child to ensure they are placed on the correct division - see chart below
Add comments for any special request
Remember to checkout
Make note of documents needed
Attend "in person weight-in" event to get fitted for jersey, helmet, & shoulder pads, get official weight, complete forms, and to turn in required documents. Date, time, and location will be posted on my HYF website. All forms will be provided by HYF but can also be found on our website (www.highlandyouthfootball.org
Football - Ages 6 to 14
A minimum of $100.00 reserves a spot on the team. Payments installments are accepted through May 1st. We hold a max roster of 25 players per team and they go fast. All Registration fees must be paid by May 1, 2020 to ensure uniform order. If 5 years old turning 6 by 12/31/20, please email HYFbulldogs@gmail.com to register.
Football Division Weight Chart
*Birthdate cutoff for ALL regular season divisions is 07/31.
**Birthdate cut off for all "PLAY-DOWN" players is 12/01. All Play-Down players must remain the Play-Down age for the entirety of the season.
No high school student, 9th grades or higher will be allowed to play/cheer, this includes any child that has successfully been promoted from or graduated from the 8th grade in June of the upcoming season. This includes any child who is being held back voluntarily or being home schooled. An appeal may be made to the PYFL under special circumstances for repeat 8th graders to be able to play.
**NOTE** ANY PLAYER CAN PLAY IN A DIVISION HIGHER THAN THEIR AGE, HOWEVER MUST STAY BELOW THE MAX WEIGHT OF THAT DIVISION. THIS INCLUDES ANY PLAYERS THAT MUST PLAY UP DUE TO THEIR BIRTHDATE.
Registration Fees (NO REFUNDS!)
*If you are registering two or more children a discount will be applied after registration if you register prior to May 1st (No discounts on or after May 1st). Multiple discounts are not allowed.
**Football registration fees include: Two game jerseys, practice jersey, spirit shirt & shorts, trophy, and small picture packet. The following is issued to each player and must be returned at the end of the season: helmet, shoulder pads, 7-pieces pads, game pants, practice pants, and belts.
**Cheer registration fees include: Game Uniform, spirit shirt & shorts, cheer accessories, trophy, and small picture packet.
The following items must be purchased separately:
- Football Players: Chin strap, mouthpiece, 4 pocket girdle, football cleats, socks, hard or soft cup w/holder.
- Cheerleaders & Mascot: Shoes.
- All “Post Season” Football Tournaments and Cheer Competitions are not included in membership and are the responsibility of the parents. No equipment or uniform will be given to the player/cheerleader until the membership fees have been paid in full! Balance due must be paid in full by May 1st or the player/cheerleader will be removed from the roster.
Payment Options: (NO REFUNDS!)
Online Payment Options: Visa/MC.
Live Registration Payment Options: Credit Card, Cash, or Certified Checks. No personal checks accepted.
The following documents are due by 07/01/20:
PYFL Physical Form (can be found on our website)
Current Utility Bill
Report Card (final report card for 2019/2020 school year)
Birth certificate (original for new players, copy for returning players)
Mandatory practice will start July 2020.
First 4 weeks of practice will be Monday-Friday 5:30-7:30pm. Thereafter practices are typically held Tuesday-Friday from 5:30-7:30pm.
Visit our website for details on field locations and game dates.
FREE CLINIC @ Highland High School:
- Saturday, April 18th 9-11am
- Saturday, May 16th 9-11am
- Saturday, June 6th 9-11am
- July 13, 2020 First Day of Practice
- July 13, 2020 Start of First 10 hrs. of conditioning - No physical contact only calisthenics & isometrics
- July 15, 2020 Helmets only may be worn beginning on this day
- July 20, 2020 Start of Second 10 hrs. of conditioning - Full gear may be worn, no man to man contact
- July 27, 2020 Full Man to Man contact may begin
- August 8-9, 2020 Player Certification - Time and Site TBD
- August 10. 2020 Team Scrimmages start date - "No scrimmages can start before this date"
- August ??, 2020 PYFL Sponsored Jamboree at 2 locations AM/PM - Sites TBD
- August 22, 2020 Opening Day - First Game of the Season
- August 29, 2020 Week 2 - Second Game of the Season
- September 5, 2020 Week 3 - Third Game of the Season
- September 12, 2020 Week 4 - Fourth Game of the Season
- September 19, 2020 Week 5 - Fifth Game of the Season
- September 26, 2020 Week 6 - Sixth Game of the Season
- October 3, 2020 Week 7 - Seventh Game of the Season
- October 10, 2020 Week 8 - Eighth Game of the Season
- October 17, 2020 Week 9 - Nineth Game of the Season
- October 24, 2020 Week 10 - Makeup games due to emergency cancellations
- October 25, 2020 Post Season Certification
- October 31, 2020 Round 1 of Playoffs for Super Bowl & Invitational Championship Games
- November 7, 2020 Round 2 of Playoffs for Super Bowl and Semi Final games for Invitational
- November 14, 2020 Super Bowl Semi Finals - Sites TBD
- November 14, 2020 Jim Thornton Sr. Memorial Invitational Championships @ TBD
- November 21, 2020 PYFL 2020 Super Bowl XXVIII - Site TBD
- November 28, 2020 Thanksgiving Weekend - "SILENT"
- December 5, 2020 PYFL All-Star Games @ Moorpark High School
If you have problems or questions:
General Questions: firstname.lastname@example.org
President: Joey Villalta at email@example.com
Vice President: Greg Lee at firstname.lastname@example.org
Athletic Director: Diana Simmons at email@example.com
Treasurer: Debbie Villalta at firstname.lastname@example.org
Online Registration issues please contact email@example.com
Mailing Address: 3053 Rancho Vista Blvd. #H344, Palmdale, CA 93551